|Solutions 2008 Part B|
Solutions Part B:
11) A line and a parabola intersect at points A and C. Their equations are:
5x 4y + 48 = 0 and y = 0.25x² 7x + 41
Solution: We need the x value at A and the y value at C for the coordinates of B.
12) What is the result of (6x³y³ 11x²y² + 18xy 5) ÷ (3xy 1)
13) In the Cartesian plane, function f is a straight line that passes through A(0, 9) and B( t, 90).
This line is parallel to another line whose rule is g(x) = 3x 16
Soln: since the lines are parallel, their slopes must be equal.
14) The rule of function g is g(x) = p x² + r x 36, where p and r are not equal to zero.
Soln: We have a parabola opening upwards with zeros at 6 and 10,
15) Triangle PQR has these characteristics:
Soln: We have an isosceles triangle with equal sides PQ and PR.
16) In quadrilateral ABCD, line segments TU and VW intersect at S.
|Step 1||Quadrilateral AVST Quadrilateral CWSU||Given|
|Because corresponding angles in congruent figures are congruent.|
|Step 3||AB // DC
AD // BC
|Because alternate angles are equal, so lines are parallel.|
|Step 4||ABCD is a parallelogram||Because the opposite sides of a parallelogram are parallel.|
( MathTub Index )